Yükleniyor...

Ortacalar Çifte (Twin) Bridges

   Ortacalar Aqueduct Bridges are estimated to be constructed in 18th century; bridges have been planned vertical to each other at the junction of Küçükköy and Arılı. Both bridges are similar to each other and constitute one section. They have curved roads.  

Ulukent Village Mosque
   According to the records, the structure which has not got an epigraph was built in the beginning of the 19th century. In 1896 the last prayer hall part was added to it. The minaret which had been made of wood originally was destroyed because of the strong winds and was rebuilt out of stone.
Musazade Mosque
   The mosque which is located on Arhavi city centre was planned as having a rectangle frame with the size of 22.50x16.50 m and it has narthex in the north side, a minaret and two doors from Northwest side. The mosque includes east side, south side, north side central place and narthex. The surface of the central place has 12 windows which are formed as rectangle with two line shelf and straight arch. Floor is protected by concrete and ends with wooden fringe. On the north of south side, eight windows similar to east side windows were placed as two symmetrical lines. The south side relatively resembles to east side. The west side consists of the north side of narthex which ends in minaret and is also similar to east side of the mosque.       Original door of the mosque is on the north side of central place, and there is a pedestal which belongs to the minaret. The minaret hasn’t any historical value and is built by cut stone. It was placed on a pentagon pedestal and it has a cylindrical shape. Narthex has one chamfer and central place is covered with a roof. The doors of mosque are made of cut stone and marble. On the other hand, the narthex is made of bricks.
Ortacalar Village Mosque
   It is in Ortacalar Village of Arhavi District, Artvin. It was built in 1757 (1170 according to Muslim Calendar). The ornaments of the minbar and the ceiling attract the attention of the visitors. According to its epigraph, the wooden ceiling and the wooden minbar were built together in 1908. The minaret was constructed in 1955 and the narthex was renovated in 1964. The mosque which underwent partly-restorations is open for praying. The structure which was built on a pitched area has two-storey narthex on the northern side and a minaret on the northwestern corner. The whole structure was covered with a hipped roof. The top of the main part is made of wood.    There is an octagon-shaped midpoint ornament in the middle of the mosque. The ornaments in the minbar and on the ceiling increase the importance of the structure. It is still open for praying.
Mençuna Waterfall
Mençuna Waterfall, which is 82 metre high, is in Ortacalar Village and fascinates its visitors with its sound and scenery. In Çifteköprü you take the route to Küçükköy in order to reach the waterfall. We leave this route at the crossroads and follow the creek. After a twenty-minute journey by car, you will go the rest of the road on foot.
1 | 2 |