Yükleniyor...

Borçka Yeniyol Quarter Mosque

   The mosque was planned as a square frame. It was constructed with wood and bricks. It has a hipped roof which is covered with tile. The mosque has a top balcony which serves as narthex and has seven stakes. “Cümle” door located on north side is used as the way of entering mosque. On the north of “mahfil”, “köşk” part appears in the middle.
   Straight wooden ceiling has been reinforced by ten stakes. Stairs being in north-west corner serve as entrance to “mahfil” “Mihrap” and “Minber” have been restored. The internal side of the mosque has been restored. Mosque has 13 windows. Minaret which has been modernized stands on northeast corner. Some parts of the mosque have been made with wooden engraving.

Çavuşlu Village Mosque
   It was built on a plain area in Çavuşlu Village of Borçka. According to the epigrah on the entrance door of the mosque, it was built in 1860. It has got two floors and a rectangular shape. There is a stairway in front of the entrance door. Almost all parts of the mosque were made of wood. Its mihrab was made of wood with a carving technique. The mosque which is small has not got any minarets.
Muratlı Mosque
   It is in Muratlı Village of Borçka. According to the epigraph which is on the door leading to the maksoorah, it was built by Ahmet Usta (Aslanoğlu) in 1846 (1262 according to Muslim Calendar). In 1847 (1263 according to Muslim Calendar) its minbar was built by Uzunhasanzade Hüseyin Alemdar and its maksoorah was built by Sağıroğlu Hüseyin Ağa. The original wooden minaret of the mosque which underwent a restoration because of the destruction during the Russian invasion in the region was rebuilt in 1979. Apart from these, the mosque which had partly-restorations thanks to the people living is still used for praying. It has two-storey narthex on the northern side, two-storey gendermarie station and a minaret on the eastern side. The main part's exterior size is  15.25x12.80 meters and  it is rectangular but approximately square-shaped. The whole structure is wooden except for the minaret and the basement. It is composed of the eastern side, the basement floor, the narthex on the northern side and the surfaces of the main parts in this direction. The southern side is composed of the basement floor and the main part.
Bilbilan Karagöl (Bilbilan Black Lake)
   It is 25 kilometers away from the district of Şavşat and 3200 meters above sea level. It is accessible only in the summer months. It can be reached either through Dalkırmaz, Çiftlik, Savaş, Çavdarlı villages or through the mountain pastures of Hanlı and Karaağaç villages. It is located over the mountain pastures of Çavdarlı, Savaş and Hanlı villages, on top of Yalnızçam mountain range and behind the Bilbilan mountain pasture. Even in summer, there is snow around the lake, which has a magnificent view. There is a lot of red-spotted trout in the lake.
İbrikli Church
   Although İbrikli church cannot be found in literature, it was probably built during the reign of Bagratuni Dynasty during Medieval Period because it bears similarities to the other Christian religious architecture. It is not certain until when it had been used as a church and it hasn’t been used since the people in the region converted to Islam. It is in ruins today. No epigraph of the church has been found so far. It is located in the grassland in the south-east of a small neighborhood consisting of a few houses. It is almost hidden by the trees surrounding it. It is very big and has a cross shape. The arms of the cross have a roof with two splays on the exterior. There is a hoop with a conical hat and a very high cylinder-shaped body over the part of the place in the middle between the arms of the cross. There are four narrow and long rectangular arched windows in the body of the hoop.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |